September 2, 2008

Here is a recap of what we talked about at the Shop and Sip party at Current Boutique last week. I just discussed a few trends for Fall 2008 that I'm excited about and that I think are easy to start incorporating now even though we're still in summer weather.


Trend: American Classic

Think:
Timeless Silhouettes
All things Ralph Lauren
Subtly upscale accessories
Cream, khaki, navy
Plaid (plaid is really big for the fall and this is a good way to incorporate it in a preppy, sophisticated way)

How to wear it now:
Pencil skirt
Pops of plaid
Silk scarf










Trend: Menswear

Think:
Vest and blazers
Wide leg pants
Tuxedo detail
Tie neck blouses
Messenger bags

How to wear it now:
Vest or blazer over a dress
Wide leg pants w/sleeveless top
Messenger bag









Stay tuned for more trends and a list of fall must-haves!!!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

what do you think of the motocross trend? I saw a ton of it and also goth looks in my last elle. I don't wear any of that stuff! I need you to show me how to incorporate them into my daily routine. :)