December 14, 2008

Trend??: Yellow Pants

So, I keep seeing women all over DC wearing yellow pants.  My first thought was that they must be on sale at J. Crew but the women I'm seeing aren't really wearing them in a Martha's Vinyard/J. Crew kind of way.  It's more of a Theory/BCBG style that I'm seeing.  Although it is getting better, DC is not a particularly fashion forward city so, to see a trend start here that I've never seen anywhere else is an interesting phenomenon.  I didn't have any trouble finding an array of yellow pants on jcrew.com, evidenced by the adjacent picture, but it seems like these women are onto something more.  January's InStyle Magazine did predict that canary yellow will be big for the spring.  Are the women of the District onto something or is it just a fluke?

5 comments:

Miranda said...

I love yellow pants, D.C. girls know what they are doing!

Kristin said...

I might have a different take on this if I worked downtown every day, but from what I can tell from both living and working on Chicago's south side, I haven't really seen this. I've seen the mustardy yellow used in shirts and shoes and jewelry, but not pants yet. I'm still coveting red pants ... One day those bad boys from American Apparel will be mine!

(ps HI CATHY!!)

Anonymous said...

I think the yellow pants are fun! Not too sure if they'll be seen in Denver, not at least until late April... but I have seen deep coral/ tomato reds in clothing popping in for early spring! Look for accents in those colors as well from TheElegantBead.com as we look to a new 2009!

Cathy Phillips said...

I forgot to tell you guys that I saw someone wearing yellow pants the other day and I complimented her on them and asked here where she got them. Her response: "I got them at J. Crew...on sale!"

Unknown said...

Yellow, and many other colors, are big in women's pants this year. I've seen a lo of yellow and a lot of purple as well.