February 14, 2009

Boyfriend Pants

This rarely happens to me but I have to admit that the boyfriend jeans/pants trend caught me a little off guard.  Of course, I saw that the celebrities were wearing it and it was starting to pop up but I did not predict that it would hit the masses so quickly and with such force.  All of a sudden I looked around and all the stores are filled with boyfriend jeans for spring.

The lady who started it all.  I credit Katie Holmes with starting this trend when she began stepping out in literally her "boyfriend's" jeans (she's been seen actually sporting Tom's pants) as well as putting Current/Elliott on the map with their version of the jean.


I like the idea of boyfriend pants too, they don't have to be denim.  These two images are from Lucky Magazine's March issue.

























This pair by Paige is my pick.  I love.  I suggest wearing them cut a little slimmer than Katie sports them and pairing them with heels to offset the masculine.

















P.S. Happy Valentine's Day.  Appropriate day to be talking about your boyfriend's pants, I guess. ;)

3 comments:

chickdowntown.com Kaitlin said...

I love boyfriend pants for shopping and casual events. I would rather wear tight jeans out, but if I am lounging around, these are great~

check out chickdowntown.com for a great collection of boyfriend pants!

Unknown said...

I agree with you. Boyfriend women's pants can be very fashionable and attractive, but they should be paired with something more feminine to offset them.

Larry's Pub said...

I love the boyfriend pants and am trying to find the right pair for me. I am almost concidering stealing a pair of my boyfriends pants and just creating a pair. But that just doesnt seem like it would work. Help. I am a very curvy hip large size 6-8. Any advice on finding a good pair and what store carry boyfriend pants?