March 2, 2009

Cheap Feet
















So, let's talk about how I got these fabulous shoes at Payless.  I was waiting for the one hour photo place to enlarge a picture for me a the local ghetto mall (you know the kind that only has stores like Wet Seal and Payless and usually only go there for the movie theater) and I wondered into Payless and discovered that Lela Rose has an adorable line there.  I vaguely remember reading about this a while back but was not intrigued at the time.  Despite my love for bargain shopping, I have a long time aversion to Payless.  I probably haven't been in there since high school and still associate it with the chunky boots and platform sandals we wore in the nineties.  But I was pleasantly surprised to find these and they just had to come home with me (for only $38).  I also loved these navy wedges but they didn't have my size.  Payless also has collections by designers Alice+Olivia and Abaete.  Maybe, I will pay more attention to them from now on.


2 comments:

Trisha said...

The real question is are they comfortable and do they appear like they will hold up through more than a handful of wearings? That's what I associate with Payless - poor quality and painful feet.

Cathy Phillips said...

That's the brilliance of the shoes! They don't look cheap and they are not uncomfortable. I would not sacrifice comfort and quality for price, that would be pointless. :)