August 13, 2009

Last Minute Summer Style Update

This time of year, it doesn't make a lot of sense to invest in summer styles since it will be fall before we know it.  But sometimes you just need a little update to jazz things up.  The solution: a colorful, summery hair accessory.  This post is inspired by my sister who was having trouble finding a headband/hair accessory whose bows and flowers didn't make her look and feel like a little girl.  






For a more sophisticated look, take some inspiration from Mischa Barton's bold feather.  This green and blue one from Urban Outfitters is more subtle but still packs a punch.






















I've been into wearing flowers in my hair all summer but I can't do the ones attached to headbands because the flower sticking out right at the front of my head makes me feel silly.  I like clips and bobby pins like these, from Forever21 that you can wear further back on the side of your head or near your ponytail.  F21 has tons more options to sort through.  H&M and Target are also good resources for trendy and cheap hair accessories.  Let me know what you find!

No comments: