October 13, 2008

Fall Fashion Day 2: Boots

I LOVE boots. Once the weather gets colder, I wear boots almost every day either over skinny jeans or hosiery of some sort. Not only does it add a whole new element to an outfit, but it's so practical when it's cold outside. There are five boot styles that every wardrobe needs. Once you have these, you should have a boot for every occasion.

  1. High Heel
  2. Dressy Flat
  3. Casual and Comfortable Flat (such as an Ugg boot)
  4. Rain Boot
  5. Ankle Boot
Here is a great high heel boot that I would wear for a night out.








I love this high heel as well. The color and detail make it slightly more casual so that it could easily transition from day to night.





This is a good example of a flat dressy boot. This style comes in handy when you are going to be out and about all day and into the night. Since it's flat you can run around all day but it's still cute enough to wear out in the evening.





This is a cute little bootie that I could imagine wearing day and night for any occasion and the color would go with pretty much anything. Perfect!


When you're picking out boots, don't forget to have fun and make sure that (regardless of price) every pair you buy is fabulous. As I mentioned, I love wearing boots on top of my jeans, leggings or tights which allows you to show off the entire boot. So, pick boots with fun details like rouching or scrunching or that incorporate one of the fall trends such as fringe, buckles, extra zippers, or buttons.

This is the pair of boots I want to buy this season. I am loving button details on boots right now and I want to add an ankle boot to my boot wardrobe. These are by Steve Madden.

No comments: