January 20, 2009

Inaugural Style

No matter who you voted for, it is impossible to be in this city and not get swept up in the spirit of this historical event.  I couldn't bring myself to brave the crowds today but spent most of the weekend downtown and made it to the concert on the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday.  The experience of all the excitement and people in town is truly moving.  I hope everyone across the country was able to enjoy the experience in some way.  The Obama family looked great today.  Upon first sight of Michelle's Isabel Toledo outfit, I thought it was a little bling-y.  But, while it would not have been my choice for her if I was her stylist, it is growing on me.  Upon closer look, one can appreciate the beautiful details of the coat and dress and the unexpectedness of the gloves (apparently J. Crew).  The Obama girls looked absolutely precious in coats from Crewcuts by J. Crew.  Overall, the Obama women made a strikingly, colorful statement.  Happy Inauguration. :)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I'd like to hear your take on her ball gown. I thought it was great but I'm no expert :)