January 23, 2009

Mrs. Obama

Sorry this is a little belated but, as requested, here is my take on Michelle's ball gown.  I thought she looked beautiful.  I don't really like that the dress is white though, it's a little too bridal.  (Just as I was writing that, the maintenance guy in my apartment looked over at my screen, saw these pictures and asked if I was getting married so I'm not the only one who thinks she looked like a bride.)  I do love that she is wearing an up and coming designer (Jason Wu) and that the one shoulder dress is very modern, two qualities that are unique to a woman in politics.  I'm excited about the style that she will bring to DC and I hope that she will show women in this town that you can be stylish and modern and still be taken seriously.

Picture credit: The Scoop

No comments: